Ghent University is delighted to invite appliations for a number of fully – funded PhD Studentship in Precision Agriculture. This program is only available for domestic applicants. They musr have or will soon have an MSc degree in a relevant field. Five awards will be given. The closing date of application is September 30, 2017.
- University offer fully funded PhD positions starting between 1st November 2017 and 2nd January 2018. They offer approx. €23787 per year (€1982 per month) based on a full working week (38 hours).
- Candidates will have the opportunity to work within a stimulating research environment within the SiTeMan Group with interdisciplinary team comprising of agricultural engineers, soil scientists, agronomists and data mining experts, where many international collaborations are foreseen.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD Program in Precision Agriculture within the Department of Soil Management, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering.
Place of Study
At Ghent University in Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Have or will soon have an MSc degree in Agriculture Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Agronomy, Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Should have knowledge in the use of basic engineering software and modelling languages, such as, MATLAB Toolbox, LabVIEW, DaisyLab, AutoCAD, or C++…..
- Desirable to have knowledge in sensing technologies, modelling and control theory.
- Good contextual understanding of agricultural systems, precision agriculture and the ability to work in the field with agriculture machinery.
- Good practical problem solver / Ability to find appropriate solutions to academic and technical problems.
- Ability to work as a member of a team within a dynamic research group.
Only the citizens of Belgium are invited to apply.
Application package must be consisted the materials as follow:
- Cover letter outlining your motivation, research and teaching experience.
- Detailed CV and publication record.
- Your MSc degree or an interim document if you are still finishing your MSc.
- A verified transcript of your MSc and BSc degrees.
- Indicate your interest in the above 5 PhD projects.
- Two reference letters from academic members.
- Applications should be submitted via email with subject ‘PhD scholarships under Odysseus project’ to project promoter Prof. Abdul Mouazen.
September 30, 2017.