Each year, the Pinnacle Foundation offers a number of Scholarship programmes. The scholarships are open to those will be provided for 17-26-year-old LGBT+ students who desire to undertake full-time education at a public or private secondary school (final year) or public institution of higher education in Australia. Entries are accepted by 1 October annually.
The Pinnacle Foundation offers two types of Scholarships available each year; Pinnacle Foundation Scholarship and Sponsored and Named Scholarships. It will be for the purpose of gaining an educational or vocational qualification in any profession, trade or the arts.
- Pinnacle Scholarships awarded to students in their first year of study are $5,000
- Pinnacle scholarships awarded to returning scholars, or new Pinnacle Scholars, but in subsequent years of study, is $4,000
- Named scholarships awarded to students in their first year of study is $7,000
- Named Scholarships awarded to returning scholars or new Pinnacle Scholars, but in subsequent years of study, is $5,000
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in journalism/public relations/or communications field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Is an Australian citizen of at least 17 up to 26 years of age at the time the Scholarships applications close (1 October each year);
- Is a permanent resident of Australia;
- Identifies as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex or Queer and because of this;
- Has personal or social circumstances which provide significant challenges to the person completing their education; or
- Has been marginalised due to sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression; and
- Is a serious, consistent student who has shown scholastic achievement during the student’s school years;
- Is able to demonstrate a commitment to completing Year 12 of the student’s secondary education, a tertiary degree or vocational training (as the case may be);
- Has achieved acceptable scholastic results given their background and circumstances; and,
- Demonstrates pride in and dedication to the LGBT+ community.
Only Australian citizens are invited to apply.
Please click the application link below to apply this Pinnacle Foundation Scholarship.
1 October every year.