Applications for the POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program are now invited. Scholars from any countries are welcome to apply. He or she are expected to spend maximum two months East-West Center for doing research and writing in the area of Korean studies. The winning candidates will receive benefit of stipend and round trip economy airfare between their home base and Honolulu.
The POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program, endowed by POSCO, is intended to promote research activities on Korean topics at the East-West Center. The Program invites outstanding scholars and policy makers to engage in policy-relevant, contemporary research on political, security, and economic issues in Northeast Asia, as they relate to Korea. POSCO visiting fellows are in residence at the East-West Center for one to two months and undertake research and writing on an agreed topic.
The winning applicant will be granted a stipend and round trip economy airfare between their home base and Honolulu.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in Korean Studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
The POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program is available for outstanding scholars and policy makers to engage in policy-relevant, contemporary research on political, security and economic issues in Northeast Asia, as they relate to Korea.
There is no nationality restriction.
All candidates are required to submit all of the documents as follow:
- Application form ( Application Form )
- A cover letter indicating the research theme or project for which the applicant is applying
- Curriculum vitae (For security purposes, please do not include any personal information–e.g., birthdate, social security numbers, and/or passport number. In addition, your CV may be circulated among EWC staff.)
- Names of three referees, including full name, title, address, telephone and fax number, and email address.
- Research proposal (3 to 5 pages)
31 December annually.