The Centre for Information Technology and National Development in Africa (CITANDA) of University of Cape Town is glad to offer a number of postdoctoral fellowship program. Only South African scholars are welcome to apply. The fellows will be undertaking research for evaluating Digital Work Platforms in South Africa against Decent Work Standards. The deadline is August 31, 2018.
The value of the fellowship is ZAR 260,000 pa and is tenable for up to 29 months. A performance review will happen after the first year. Any further extension would be dependent on performance, and sourcing of additional funding for the post.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral research for finding Digital Work Platforms in South Africa against Decent Work Standards.
Place of Study
In South Africa.
Eligibility and Criteria
- A PhD, awarded within the previous five years, in a relevant field which could include – but is not limited to – internet studies, information systems, development studies, or work and employment.
- Strong skills in the planning, implementation, software-based analysis and write-up of primary field data.
- Practical experience of qualitative fieldwork in a global South context.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake desk-based evidence reviews.
- Demonstrated capacity to produce peer-reviewed research articles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently within a research team and to meet deadlines.
Only South African students are welcome to apply.
see the link below.
31 August 2018.