The University of Ghent is pleased to invite applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellowships. The program is open to international scholars who are interested in doing research in the fields of 15th-century Arabic sociolinguistics and/or historiography. Expired 221 days ago, try next time!
The university offers a full-time contract as a postdoctoral fellow (max. 36 months), starting on 1 January 2019, or as soon as possible after this date. The starting salary is minimum 2.300 euro net on a full-time basis.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdocotral research in the fields of 15th-century Arabic sociolinguistics and/or historiography.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The candidate should have a PhD in the fields of Arabic, Islamic Studies, (Middle East) History, Arabic Literature, Arabic Linguistics, or equivalent
- The candidate should have a promising track record in a field of research that is relevant for the MMS-II project, as demonstrated by relevant papers, publications, conference participation, PhD dissertation, reviews, committee comments.
- The candidate should have a strong interest in the study of late medieval historiography and Arabic socio-linguistics, at the crossroads of socio-political history and cultural studies.
- The candidate should have experience with computational analysis and digital Islamic humanities more in general
- The candidate should be able to work independently and at the same time be a team player.
- The candidate has not worked, lived or studied in Belgium for more than 24 months in the last 36 months.
International scholars may apply.