The University of Oslo is delighted to invite applications for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Plate Tectonic. This program is available for Norwegian researchers. They will be conducting research in Plate Tectonic at the Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics, a Norwegian Centre of Excellence. The closing date of application is June 1, 2017.
Position code 1352, NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral research in Plate Tectonic.
Place of Study
The research will be conducted in Norway.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Experience in plate tectonic modeling, paleogeographic reconstruction or paleomagnetism is required. Familiarity with Neoproterozoic to early Paleozoic tectonics, the plate modeling software Gplates, and basic script-writing skills (Bash, Python, etc.) are also desirable. The research will be conducted in close collaboration with several groups within CEED (Dynamic Earth, Earth Modeling, Earth Laboratory), and the ability to work cooperatively and productively within a team is required.
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Geosciences.
- The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines.’
- A good command of English is required.
Norwegian scholars are welcome to apply.
Application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- An application statement outlining research interests, motivation and suitability
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
June 1, 2017.