The Royal British Legion is pleased to invite applications for the Postgraduate scholarship to Korea. This call is targeted to British students who wish to pursue postgraduate program in Korean university. Fully-fudend scholarship will be awarded to the winner. Expired 76 days ago, try next time!
The Scholarship was established in memory of those who gave their lives during Korean War (1950–53) and aims to strengthen the relationship between Britain and South Korea. Funded by an endowment from Samsung Europe and administered by The Royal British Legion, the scheme has been running since 1995 with students from all walks of life taking part.
The Scholarship is a fixed sum and can be used to cover:
- An intensive Korean language course in the UK before departure
- An open return flight to South Korea
- University course fees
- Contribution to accommodation costs
- One return flight to the UK during the study period
- Ancillary expenses related to the cost of living (via a regular stipend paid to the awardee)
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate degree in any discipline.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Korea.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants should usually be aged between 21 and 30 on 1 March in the year they take up their award.
- Applicants must be holders of recognised UK degrees or in the process of graduating.
- The Scholarship is open to members of the public, with a preference for pplications from those with a family connection with the Armed Forces and in particular descendants of those members of HM Forces who hold, or are entitled to hold, the UK and/or the United Nations Korean Campaign Medals
Only British nationals are invited to apply.
7 December 2018.