The Price Benowitz Social Justice Scholarship is open. This scholarship is sponsored by Price Benowitz LLP, a leading law firm in the United States. Those are attending college or university in the United States are welcome to apply.
As a leading law firm in our nation’s capital, Price Benowitz LLP is committed to making social justice a cornerstone of our practice’s values. It is our goal to ensure that all people have access to the same opportunities for education, self-improvement, and civic involvement, regardless of their socioeconomic circumstances.
The winner will be granted $2,000.
Level & Area of Studies
College and university level or advanced degrees in any discipline.
Place of study
At any college or university in the United States.
Eligibility and Requirements
- This scholarship is offered to any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes incoming first-year college students who are high school graduates or possess a GED.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in social justice, as demonstrated by past and present volunteer, professional, and educational experiences.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
To apply, please provide the following documents:
- An updated resumé
- A 750-word essay responding to the following prompt: What are some significant challenges people with disabilities encounter on a regular basis? What are some practicable public policies that could address these challenges? Feel free to speak about the challenges you have experienced or witnessed in a loved-one’s life.
- A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s school (NOTE: First-year college students must submit an unofficial transcript from their most recent school, as well as an unofficial transcript from their current post-secondary institution.)
28 February 2021.