Applications for the the Rachel Carson Center Fellowships are now invited. Scholars from all nations are welcome to apply. Fellows are expected to spend up to 12 months doing research or writing in Germany. Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society, the sponsor, offers a range of benefits such as a competitive salary. The application deadline is 31 January every year.
The Rachel Carson Center Fellowships program, directed by Christof Mauch (LMU Munich) and Helmuth Trischler (Deutsches Museum) is designed to bring together excellent scholars who are working in environmental history and related disciplines. The center will award 2017-18 Rachel Carson Center Fellowships to scholars from a variety of countries and disciplines. Applicants’ research and writing should ideally pertain to the central theme of the RCC – transformations in environment and society.
The amount depends on numerous factors, including the fellow’s current salary level, their level of experience, the number of people (partners, family members) accompanying the fellow, the duration of the fellowship, and the continuation of funding from their home institution.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in any discipline.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The outreach fellowship is intended for candidates whose work promotes public engagement with the topic of transformations in environment and society. They invite applications from documentary filmmakers and writers in particular.
- Scholars from the humanities should apply together with scholars from the sciences or field practitioners with the purpose of authoring a collaborative project.
- All members of the collaboration should plan to be in residence in Munich at the same time; alternately, a humanities scholar who is collaborating with someone at LMU Munich (or at another Munich institution) can also apply for an interdisciplinary scholarship.
- The selection of fellows is based on the strength of his or her proposal.
There is no nationality restriction.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum)
- project description (1,000 words maximum)
- research schedule for the fellowship period
- names of and contact information for three scholars as referees.
31 January every year.