The Royal Academy of Engineering is pleased to invite applications for the APEX Awards Programme. This invitatio is intended to any exceptional researcher who wish to conduct research at a UK University or not-for-profit research institution in UK.
In partnership with the British Academy, the Royal Society and the Royal Academy of Engineering (‘the Academies’) and with generous support from the Leverhulme Trust, the APEX award (Academies Partnership in Supporting Excellence in Cross-disciplinary research award) scheme offers established independent researchers, with a strong track record in their respective area, an exciting opportunity to pursue genuine interdisciplinary and curiosity-driven research to benefit wider society.
- An award of up to £100,000 to fund staff costs of which no more than 25% may be used for associated research costs
- This can include consumables, equipment, collaborative travel expenses
- Costs of a teaching replacement to relieve the applicant and/or collaborator from some of their teaching and administrative duties
- Grants can be held for up to 24 months
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in any field including engineering, humanities and social sciences.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
- An exceptional researcher with a strong track record as an established independent researcher (this can include engineering researchers, humanities and social sciences scholars and scientists)
- Based at a UK University or not-for-profit research institution for at least the duration of the project
- Applicants will be expected to collaborate with a research partner from a different discipline from their own or a different university in the UK
There is no nationality restriction.