This fellowship is exclusively available for both outstanding French and Indian students who are currently pursuing doctoral study either in India or France. A range of the interesting benefits will be given to the successful fellows as stated below.
The Fellowship was launched during the State visit of the President of France, H.E. Mr. Francois Hollande, to India during February 14-15th, 2013. The aim is to facilitate the exchange of doctoral students between the two countries, in order to broaden the scope and depth of future engagements in science, technology and innovation.
The Raman-Charpak Fellowship is the only Indo-French bilateral Fellowship programme jointly funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and the Service for Science and Technology (SST), French Embassy in India, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Development, Government of France.
Each of the winners of this scholarship will receive the benefits as follow:
- For Indian Fellow: Fellowship Support of 1500 Euros per month for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges plus Social Security charges
- For French Fellow: Fellowship support Rs. 40,000 per month for daily expenses, local travel, etc. plus accommodation charges not exceeding Rs. 45,000 per month
- One return airfare ticket in economy class between India and France
- Insurance coverage (travel & health) wherever is required
- Any administrative costs for Visa and Registration, if any
- Carte de Sejour, if any
- Additional support (up to Euro 500 for Indian Fellows and equivalent support in Indian Rupees for French Fellows) for participating in a Seminar/Workshop during their term of the fellowship and stay in their host countries; limited to registration fees, travel & accommodation charges
Level and Area of Studies
PhD Research in one the following studies: Atmospheric and Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Material Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Mathematical and Computational Sciences and Physical Sciences.
Place of Study
The study can be taken in India (French students) and France (Indian Students)
Eligibility and Criteria
To be qualified, all candidates are expected to meet all of the conditions below:
- Applicants from India must be Indian citizens residing in India and have registered for a PhD in a recognized university or research institution in India
- Applicants from France must be residing in France and have registered for a PhD/masters in a recognized university or research institution in France
- Age: Maximum 30 years
- Students once supported by CEFIPRA, also in the framework of CEFIPRA projects, and students who have a permanent position in institutions/universities are not eligible
Both Indian and French students are invited to apply the Raman Charpak Fellowship.
Please click the link below to see further instruction of application procedure.
– Launching of applications: April
– End of deadline: June/July
– Result: End of August/September
– Starting date of fellowship: October onwards