The applications for the Rave Scholarships are currently accepted. This scholarship is purposed to support young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from developing countries who are willing to obtain relevant knowledge and experiences a non-commercial cultural institution in Germany. Fully funded scholarship will be given for maximum six months. The application deadline is 30 July 2018.
Rave Scholarships for Developing Countries support further practical training for young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from countries in transition and developing countries.
Value and Tenure
The winning candidates will receive benefits as follow that will be tenable for a period of three to six months:
- A monthly lump sum of 1,300 euros for a scholarship period of three to six months
- Travelling expenses (to and from Germany)
- Health insurance
Level and Area of Studies
Scholarships support further practical training or non-paid work for education in realizing and arranging fine art exhibitions.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
Before applying this scholarship, please pay close attention to the criteria as follow:
- Rave Scholarships for Developing Countries applicant must be from a country in transition or a developing country and must still be living there
- Hitherto no opportunity yet to work in Germany for an extended period of time
- Completion of professional study or training within the last five years
- Younger than 40 years old
- Applicant must no longer be studying or involved in on-the-job training
- Confirmation (in German) from a partner institution in Germany which has agreed to take on the scholar or initiate a joint project
- A reference from the applicant’s country of origin
- Knowledge of either German or English, basic knowledge of German expected
- Applicants who were rejected once cannot re-apply.
Students from developing countries are invited to apply.
The application packet must be consisting the documents as follow:
- a fully completed Application Form
- a CV (3 pages max.), including educational qualifications
- a project sketch (1 page) developed together with the German institution – informing about tasks and responsibilities of the planned visit to Germany
- consent form a non-commercial German institution to care for the applicant during the scholarship period in Germany
- a letter of reference from the home country
- an abridged report (1 page max.) on the current art scene in the home country
- a letter of motivation (1 page max.)
30 July 2018.