The University of Oslo is currently accepting applications for the PhD Research fellowship in the field of social anthropology. Both Norwegian and overseas students are welcome to apply. To be eligible, he or she must have at least five years higher education including a two-year master’s degree or equivalent in social anthropology. The winning students will receive up to 483 700 per annum plus other interesting benefits. The application deadline is 30 September 2015.
The Department of Social Anthropology invites candidates to apply for up to 3 Ph.D. Research Fellowships, with starting date in January 2016. The Department wishes to recruit up to three Ph.D. candidates with excellent research qualifications within Social Anthropology. Applicants should relate to one or more of the Department’s core research areas. Information about the core areas can be found on the Department’s website. The successful candidates are expected to strengthen the research area(s) they relate to, and to contribute to and participate in research activities at the Department. Each position is for four years and will include 25% teaching, supervision and examination.
Each of the winning candidates may expect to receive the benefit as follow:
- Pay grade 50 – 57 (NOK 430 500 – 483 700 per annum)
- Academically stimulating working environment
- Good pension benefits under the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund scheme
- good welfare benefits
Level and Area of Studies
PhD Degree in Social Anthropology.
Place of Study
At the University of Oslo in Norway.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, you are needed to satisfy the requirements as follow:
- Must have at least five years higher education including a two-year master’s degree or equivalent in social anthropology.
- Must have good spoken and written command of a Scandinavian language and/or English.
- Must provide a detailed project description outlining the work to be undertaken for their proposed project.
There is no nationality restriction.
The application should be made online through the online system at the website link below. The list of the compulsory materials also can be seen at the web-page.
30 September 2015.