The Research Foundation-Flanders (FWO) Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship is now open. The postdoctoral fellowships are intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career.
Salary scale: minimum € 4.134,97 – maximum € 6.446,01.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral programme in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- You hold a PhD by thesis or a degree or a diploma or certificate recognised as equivalent in accordance with European Union directives or a bilateral agreement
- You can apply for a junior postdoctoral fellowship if your PhD was obtained not longer than 3 years before October, 1 of the year in which the fellowship would start, or will be obtained at Jun 1 of that year at the latest
- You have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- You can always apply for a senior postdoctoral fellowship if you have previously enjoyed a junior postdoctoral fellowship. In that case, the senior postdoctoral fellowship must immediately follow the junior postdoctoral fellowship.
- You can also apply if you have not had a postdoctoral fellowship from the FWO before. In that case, you must prove that you have a postdoctoral research experience of minimum 2 years on the first of October of the year in which the fellowship commences. (declaration by the Flemish host intuition)
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- Transitional measures (if you already applied for a postdoc at FWO earlier)
Belgium students may apply.