The Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa (HSFSA) is glad to announce a research grant program. The grant are intended for students from African countries. One-pager and budget: September 20, 2018 and Full Proposal and budget: November 23, 2018.
In this call a total of R600 000 will be allocated for a maximum of three projects, each project not exceeding a total budget of R300, 000. Only one application per principal investigator will be allowed. The budget will be over a 24-month period from the date of the signing of the Grant Agreement. The Foundation reserves the right to increase the award for a project proposal with a potential for high impact.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in two broad focus areas:
- Applied and basic biomedical and clinical research projects associated with onset of cardiovascular disease [CVD; heart diseases and stroke]
- Evaluation of the HSFSAs health risk assessment project
Place of study
The research will be taken in South Africa.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The call is open to established and mid-term researchers, including post-doctoral students and those doing PhD studies working at accredited higher education institutions within South Africa.
- NGOs/Public Sector organisations may also apply
- Masters level students may apply provided that an established researcher is a co-applicant and supervises the project.
- Non-South Africans may apply provided they are registered at/or working for a South African University/Stroke Institute or Institution of Higher Learning.
African students are invited to apply.