Entries for the United States Rhodes Scholarship Program are being invited. This scholarship is purposed to provide financial support for the U.S. students pursuing degree at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. All candidates must be between 18 and 24 years of age. The scholarship covers all of the related expenses during the program.
The Rhodes Scholarships are the oldest and most celebrated international fellowship awards in the world. Each year 32 young students from the United States are selected as Rhodes Scholars, through a decentralized process representing the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories. Applicants from more than 320 American colleges and universities have been selected as Rhodes Scholars. In most years, even after a century of competition, a Rhodes Scholar is selected from an institution which has not formerly supplied a successful applicant.
This scholarship is typically covering all of the related expenses.
Level and Area of Studies
Degree program in any field. MBA program is not eligible for this Rhodes Scholarship Program.
Place of Study
At the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
At the time of application, an applicant must satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- a citizen of the United States, or
- a lawful permanent resident of the United States prior to and including at least 5 years of the application deadline.
- at least 18 but not yet 24 years of age (i.e., the applicant must still be 23 on October 1 in the year of application).
- sufficiently advanced academically to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree before October 1 in the year following election.
- applicant must be eligible to apply through one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, or one of the U.S. territories: either in the state or territory where he or she was legally resident on April 15 in the year of application, or where he or she will have received at least two years of college training and a bachelor’s degree before October 1 in the year following election.
This Rhodes Scholarship Program only available for the U.S. citizens.
Please go the link below to see further instruction of application procedure of this Rhodes Scholarship Program.
October every year.