Applications for the Richard Holland Memorial Scholarship Program are now being accepted. This program is open to students who are planning to to enroll or be enrolled in full time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university. This scholarship is available on annually.
Richard Holland was more than any one of these things- he was an infectious personality, a loyal teammate, a genuine smile, and a young soul. The Holland Family Legacy Foundation has established the Richard Holland Memorial Scholarship Fund to be awarded annually to a chosen qualified applicant.
This scholarship is a $2,500 award, renewable for up to three additional years.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any discipline.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at any college or university in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be eligible for the Richard Holland Memorial Scholarship, students must meet the requirements as follow:
- 3.5 GPA (on 4.0 scale for High School applicant) or 3.0 GPA (on 4.0 scale for College applicant)
- Plan to enroll or be enrolled in full time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire academic year
The following criteria will also be considered during the selection:
- Prior academic performance, as reflected in grade point average
- Performance on standardized aptitude tests such as SAT and ACT
- Demonstrated leadership and personal attributes
- Applicant’s goals and aspirations
- Extracurricular activities, awards and recognition, special talents, and other noteworthy activities
- Recommendation from a teacher and/or coach
- Recommendation from a peer
- Community Service
- Work History
- Financial need
The citizens of the United States are welcome to apply.
To apply, applicants must provide the material below:
15 March every year.