Entries for the Rickover Fellowship Program are accepted every year. The fellowship open to students who will be undertaking undergraduate degree in Nuclear Engineering studies. Only those who have undergraduate degrees in the physical sciences or engineering are invited to apply. The winning students will receive stipend of $2,900 plus other benefits. The deadline is updated every year.
The U.S. Department of Energy and the South Carolina Universities Research & Education Foundation is pleased to offer Rickover Fellowship Program in Nuclear Engineering. Students with undergraduate degrees in the physical sciences or engineering are eligible to apply for fellowship. The program is mainly designed to gather the requirements of the Naval Reactors Division of the U.S. Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be granted a monthly stipend in the amount of $2,900. The fellow’s basic stipend is augmented by an additional $700 (prorated) dislocation allowance each month during the practicum.
Level and Area of Studies
Master or graduate degree in Nuclear Engineering.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Students with undergraduate degrees in the physical sciences or engineering are eligible to apply for the Rickover Fellowship Program in Nuclear Engineering.
- The program is open to all individuals who will be starting graduate studies or graduate students who are currently enrolled in a qualified course of study.
- The award is limited to 48 months maximum for doctoral candidates. Awards may be limited to less time than the maximum in some situations.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. If any applicant is a dual citizen, they would be required to renounce their non-US citizenship in order to be interviewed as a finalist, and ultimately to accept the Fellowship award.
Only the U.S citizens are invited to apply.
All applicants are requires to provide the documents as follow:
- Application Form (Hand written applications will not be accepted).
- Current Official Transcript of Grades (all undergraduate and graduate transcripts required and must be sent directly to the Office of Special Programs from the Registrar).
- Three (3) Reference Forms (enclosed).
- Official GRE Scores (GRE code is 5949. Scores must be sent directly from ETS.)
- Authorization for Release of Information Form (signed).
Updated every year.