The Robert Bosch Stiftung Fellowship Program is now open. Entries will be accepted until 1 November each year. Only the United States citizens are invited to apply. Up to 15 fellows will be selected to receive the award and have opportunity to participate in intensive professional development program in Germany. This Bosch Fellowship is a fully-funded program.
To strengthen the ties of friendship and understanding between the United States and Germany, the Robert Bosch Stiftung sponsors and administers a Fellowship that offers an intensive professional development program in Germany. The Bosch Fellowship strives to advance transatlantic relations by broadening Fellows’ professional competence and expertise, as well as by expanding their cultural horizons. Up to 15 fellows will be selected. Through the program’s unique format of seminars and work phases, Bosch Fellows gain an insider’s understanding of the German professional world, make a wide variety of contacts with key decision makers, and become more familiar with German and European views on global issues.
The winning fellows will receive the benefits as follow:
- One or two high-level practical phases (stages) at leading institutions in Germany
- Traveling seminar series covering issues of German, European and transatlantic concern
- Up to five months of German language training
- Monthly stipend within the range of EUR 3,200 to 3,700 starting in October, monthly summer stipend of EUR 1.500 + free accommodations during July, August, and September, exact amount of stipend dependent upon marital status
- Accommodation and travel to Washington, D.C. for the orientation program
- Flights to and from Germany
- Lifelong membership in the Robert Bosch Foundation Alumni Association (RBFAA)
Level and Area of Studies
This is an intensive professional development program.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
- 40 years of age or younger at the application deadline
- Minimum five years of relevant, full-time work experience in target fellowship field (excluding internships)
- Graduate degree preferred
- Evidence of outstanding professional performance
- Sincere commitment to furthering the transatlantic relationship
Only the U.S. citizens are invited to apply.
All materials below must be submitted online:
• Current resume/CV
• Answers to the short essay questions
• Official graduate transcript(s)
• Two letters of recommendation
• Undergraduate transcripts (Optional)
• Photo (Optional)
1 November each year.