Applications for the Ruhr Fellowship are now invited. The fellowship open to students pursuing bachelor program in the area of Science, Engineering and Business at one the U.S participating universities below. The winning fellows will receive a range of benefits. Expired 40 days ago, try next time!
The University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr) is offering Ruhr Fellowship Program. The Ruhr Fellowship Program connects highly motivated undergraduate students in the United States with a unique experience to expand their portfolio. Its main aim is to represent creativity and innovation with its internationally renowned companies, universities, and research institutes.
Each of the selected fellows may expect to receive the benefit as follow:
- Flight stipend (approximately € 600) Partial reimbursement of visa fees.
- One-month German language and culture seminar program at the host universities (including excursions).
- Pairing with a Ruhr Area company for a one-month internship and project.
- Access to top executives in exclusive networking events and company visits.
- Fee waivers for registration as a student at the participating universities
- Housing fees in a dormitory room.
- The “NRW-Ticket” for public transportation.
- Health insurance.
- Leisure and cultural activities as organized by the host universities.
- Access to the universities’ US alumni program and international network.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business and Science.
Place of Study
At one of these participating universities: Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Princeton University, University of California, Berkeley and University of Pennsylvania.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, you must be currently enrolled in your sophomore, Junior, or senior year in an engineering, science, or business degree program at one of the participating universities.
The United States students are welcome to apply.
Application packet must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Statement of purpose in which you explain your academic development, your practical experience, and your motivation to participate in the program (max. 2 pages)
- Transcript of records (an electronic printout is sufficient)
- Confidential letter of recommendation from a professor or lecturer/researcher (may be sent directly from the lecturer/researcher to: ruhrfellows-at-uaruhr.org