Applications for the S-Stem Scholarship are now invited. Only the U.S citizens or permanent residents are invited to apply. He or she must demonstrate a financial need. The winning students will receive up to $10,000 per one academic year. Other interesting benefits may also be given. The deadline 5 September 2018 and 15 January 2019.
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Houston is awarding scholarships to U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. The scholarship is open for professionally talented computer science undergraduate students with an S-STEM grant from the National Science Foundation. The program offers students preparation for global challenges of the 21st century by enriching their academic preparation in multi-disciplinary approaches.
Those are selected may expect to receive the benefits as follow:
- Up to $10,000 per academic year based on need
- Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property Courses
- Guest Speakers Series
- Professional Development Workshops
- STEM Ambassador Outreach Program
- STEM Career Field Trip
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in STEM and related studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
This S-Stem Scholarship open to students who are satisfying the criteria as follow:
- Maintain full-time CS undergraduate status
- Sophomore or higher classification
- Maintain major GPA of at least 3.0
- Demonstrate financial need by filling the FAFSA
Only U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residents may apply this S-Stem Scholarship.