Each year, the U.S. Soccer Foundation offers the Safe Places to Play Grant. To be eligible, applicants must own or hold a 10+ year lease on the field space. Entries are accepted three times a year; Spring Grant Cycle, Summer Grant Cycle and Fall Grant Cycle.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation awards grants on both an annual basis (Program grants) and through a rolling process (Safe Places to Play grants) to support soccer programs and field-building initiatives nationwide. Grants are provided to support all aspects of the beautiful game — from assisting programs with operational costs to creating Safe Places to Play.
Funding support depends on the field grant type
- Supports between 15-50% of project cost
- Exception is irrigation, which can support 100% of project costs
Maximum support by category (Amounts may wary depending on availability of funds and established funding agreements with the Foundation’s preferred vendors):
- Irrigation = $15,000
- Lighting = $25,000 for single field projects; $50,000 for multi-field projects
- AstroTurf = No more than 15% of the artificial turf material cost
Eligibility and Requirements
- Land Ownership – application must own or hold a 10+ year lease on the field space
- 50% Funded – at the time of application, 50% of project funding must be in hand
- Project Timeline – project should have clear timeline, with plan to complete project within 1 year of potential grant award
- Logo Recognition – for synthetic turf projects, Foundation logo is placed on the pitch surface
- Non-Profit Status – applicants must be a non-profit entity (nonprofit organization, city government, school, church)
- Soccer-Specific Play Space – field space must be majority-use soccer
Please go to the link below to see further instruction.
Please anticipate the deadline in February, June and October annually.