The The Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation is offering the Sara Scholarship Program for female high school seniors who have some involvement with the sport of golf who have intention to graduate at the end of the school year. Minimum 11 awards will given this year. This scholarship is renewable up to four years.
The Sara Scholarship was established in 2012 as part of the final will of Sara Sheehan, who passed away in 2011. Sara was a true golfer who possessed a lifelong passion for the game. Whether in good or ill health, she played as much as she could – later in life managing only a few holes at a time.
The Sara Scholarship awards $2000 per year to be applied towards tuition, books, board and other college expenses. The grant is eligible for renewal throughout the applicant’s undergraduate college career up to four years, for a total amount of $8000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be female
- Be high school seniors with the intention to graduate at the end of the school year
- Meet entrance requirements and plan to enroll at an accredited college or university in the United States
- Have a cumulative minimum unweighted GPA (grade point average) of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate excellent character and active involvement with the sport of golf. Skill in playing golf is not a criterion
- Examples include playing golf as a hobby or as part of a team, working at a golf course, as a caddy or in a pro shop, and any other direct, active engagement with the sport
The U.S. citizens are invited to apply.
30 April every year.