The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships are now open. This is only available for female students from developing countries who will be pursuing postgraduate degree majoring in STEM discipline abroad. The winning applicants may expect to receive up to USD 50,000 per year. Expired 11 days ago!
Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD 50,000 per year and may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation, recommendation from supervisors and strong evidence of re-integration plans into the home country.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD in STEM-related fields.
Place of Study
The study should be taken abroad.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates are required to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which one is citizenship of a developed country;
- are preparing for a PhD, or postdoctoral study in the physical sciences, engineering and related disciplines;
- are enrolled, admitted or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where an individual has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich course the final degree must be awarded by the University abroad (not from the home country university);
- hold an excellent academic record;
- have a proven track record of teaching experience or can demonstrate commitment to teaching;
- can demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach programs to encourage young women into the sciences;
- are willing to contribute to the socio-economic development of your home country and region by strengthening the faculties in your home universities, pursuing relevant research, or using your specific expertise to address public policy matters.
Candidates should be the citizens of developing countries.
Application should be made through the online system at the website and application link below.