The University of Antwerp is glad to offer a number of Scholarships in Constitutional Law and Legislative Studies. Those scholarships are open to Belgium students who will be pursuing PhD program in the area of Constitutional Law and Legislative Studies. Entries for the scholarships will be accepted no later than 2 April 2018.
The University of Antwerp is one of the major Belgian universities located in the city of Antwerp. The name is abbreviated as UAntwerp, as the abbreviation UA should no longer be used. The faculty of law of the university is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy for a Doctoral student in the area of Constitutional Law and Legislative Studies / Scholarships in Constitutional Law and Legislative Studies.
Students granted with the Constitutional Law and Legislative Studies’ Scholarship will receive benefit as follow:
- Doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation, in view of a double Ph.D. in law and in economics;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 October 2018, but another date can be agreed upon;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.324,20 – € 2.469,08;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment within the research groups of ‘Government and Law’ at the University of Antwerp and ‘Economy and Policy Management’ at the Faculty of Business Economics at the University of Hasselt;
- support by supervisors from both faculties, and monitoring by a yearly doctoral commission;
- a doctoral training with courses that allow you to acquire the legal and empirical methodological skills necessary for the Ph.D.;
- a work budget for expenses and activities in the framework of the Ph.D. research.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD Program in Constitutional Law and Legislative Studies.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
- You hold a master degree in law, at the latest on 30 September 2018, so also students in the final year of their degree can apply.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are passionate about constitutional law, legislative studies and/or evidence based policy making, and willing to take up courses and training to become skilled in quantitative research methods.
- You are passionate about scientific research.
- You have an excellent active knowledge of English and Dutch.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative with good communicative and writing skills.
Only Belgium citizens are welcome to apply the scholarship in Constitutional Law and Legislative Studies.
In order to apply the scholarship in Constitutional Law and Legislative Studies, please go to the link below.
2 April 2018.