The National Academics of Sciences Engineering Medicine is pleased to invite applications for the Gulf Research Program’s Science Policy Fellowship Programmes. Only the United States national may participate in this program. The must be coming from an area of research including social and behavioral sciences, health sciences and medicine, engineering and physical sciences, earth and life sciences, and interdisciplinary scientific fields relevant to one or more initiatives of the Gulf Research Program. Expired 82 days ago, try next time!
The Gulf Research Program’s Science Policy Fellowship program helps scientists hone their skills by putting them to practice for the benefit of Gulf Coast communities and ecosystems. Fellows gain first-hand experience at the interface of science and policy as they spend one year on the staff of federal, state, local, or non-governmental environmental, natural resource, oil and gas, and public health agencies in the Gulf of Mexico region.
- Stipend: Fellows who have completed an MA, MS, or MPH/MSPH degree or who are currently enrolled in a doctoral program will receive an annual stipend of $45,000. Fellows who have completed a PhD, ScD, EngD, MD, DrPH, or DVM will receive an annual stipend of $55,000. Stipends will be paid directly to the fellow in monthly disbursements.
- Professional development: Fellows will receive up to $5,000 in additional support as reimbursement for tuition and/or fees for professional development courses and activities or for professional travel related to their host office duties.
- Additional funding: All fellows will attend an orientation in Washington, D.C., in September 2019 and the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill and Ecosystem Science Conference in New Orleans in February 2020. Travel expenses for these events will be covered by the Gulf Research Program; they are in addition to the fellowship stipend and professional development support.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in science fields.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Hold an eligible degree, including MA/MS, MPH/MSPH, PhD, ScD, EngD, MD, DrPH, and DVM. Eligible degrees must be completed by August 15, 2019, and conferred by December 31, 2019.
- Come from an area of research including social and behavioral sciences, health sciences and medicine, engineering and physical sciences, earth and life sciences, and interdisciplinary scientific fields relevant to one or more initiatives of the Gulf Research Program.
- Be involved in graduate work relating to one or more initiatives of the Gulf Research Program.
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident.
- Not be currently employed by the U.S. federal government. Full-time, paid, permanent federal employees are not eligible for the fellowship.
Only the U.S. nationality may apply this fellowship.
Please see further instruction at the link below.
6 March 2019.