The Scottish Power Foundation is pleased to offer a number of master’s scholarship in the field of energy and environment. Those scholarship is exclusively open to British students only. He or she will pursue postgraduate degree in one of the partnering university in UK or Spain. The winning students will receive a range of benefits of those scholarships.
In collaboration with the various foundations of the Iberdrola Group, The ScottishPower Foundation aims to help train a new generation of professionals capable of driving the transformation towards a sustainable energy model through the International Scholarship Programme.
- Payment of enrolment costs at the university
- A monthly payment of £1,200 per month
- Company mentor
- Assistance with identifying an industry related project to assist with their academic studies
- Exciting career prospects
Level and Area of Studies
Master’s degree in Renewable energy, Sustainable energy system, Environment, Clean combustion technologies, emissions management, Energy efficiency and Energy storage.
Place of Study
In the United Kingdom (Imperial College of London, University of Edinburgh, University of Strathclyde, University of Liverpool, University of Glasgow, University of East Anglia, University of Cambridge) and In Spain (Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Universidad Politécnica de Barcelona and Universidad Pontificia de Comillas)
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be in possession of a bachelor with honours or master’s degree from a recognized university on submission of the application. If the applicant is still in the final year of the academic course 2020/2021, the grant will be contingent upon whether the applicant secures the university degree at the end of the academic cycle in June/July 2019 with the same average grades or greater than the grades at the time of the call for applications.
- Applicants must follow the usual procedure for enrolling at the UK university they wish to attend.
- Applications submitted by students who have not applied for enrolment at the UK university will be rejected during the selection process. Excluding applicants wishing to study in Spain.
- Applicants may not receive any remuneration or wages or be in receipt of any scholarship, financial aid or other award of a similar nature from institutions and public or private foundations during the period that the scholarship is awarded for.
- Applications presented by candidates with a grade point average (GPA) during the pursuit of the degree lower than “upper second class honours” for universities in the UK will be rejected. Candidates who have been awarded either the Foundation Scholarships or Fundación IBERDROLA Scholarships in previous announcements are excluded from assessment.
Only British students may apply this ScottishPower Foundation Scholarships.
Application should be made online through the online system at the link below.
31 March 2020.