Wellcome Trust is currently accepting applications for the Seed Awards in Humanities and Social Science. Successful applicants will spend up to 12 months doing relevant research and will receive up to £50,000 of financial support. The closing date of application is 5 October 2017.
Value and Tenure
– Level of funding: £25,000 to £50,000
– Duration of funding: 6 to 12 months
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in Humanities and Social Science
Place of Study
In the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country (although collaborators can be based elsewhere).
Eligibility and Criteria
- You can apply for a Seed Award as an individual or as part of a group. You must have a PhD or the equivalent professional experience.
- You must be based at an eligible host organisation in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country (although collaborators can be based elsewhere).
Please bear in mind, the awards are not eligible for those:
- currently hold a Seed Award (although you can apply for more in the future)
- have another Wellcome Trust award, with two or more years remaining, or 18 months if it’s a fellowship
- are currently undertaking a Master’s or a PhD
- want support for an existing, rather than a new, research project
- have a discrete project, with no follow-on plans.
International citizens are welcome to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at the link below.
5 October 2017.