Applications the SEGF Graduate Fellowship are now invited. Students from all nations are welcome to apply. He or she must be intending to pursue master or PhD degree in the field of Economic Geology at U.S institution. The winning students will receive up to US$15,000. To apply, entries must be received by February 1, 2017.
The Society of Economic Geologists Foundation, Inc. (SEGF) under its Graduate Student Fellowship Program has awarded one-year fellowships, ranging from US$2,500 to US$15,000 each year since 2007 to students who intend to pursue a course of study in economic geology leading to a Professional Master’s, Master of Science (M.Sc.) and/or Ph.D. degree. Students from throughout the world with an expressed interest in pursuing graduate studies in economic geology are encouraged to apply. Awards are competitive and based on merit and qualifications of the applicant.
Each of the winning fellows will receive award ranging from ranging from US$2,500 to US$15,000 each year.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate degree programme leading to a Professional Master’s, Master of Science (M.Sc.) and/or Ph.D. degree in the field of Economic Geology.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All interested students must satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Have completed, or are in the process of completing, a BS or equivalent degree in the geosciences or a related field.
- Have been accepted, in the process of being accepted, or currently enrolled, as a first-year (ever) graduate student at a recognized college/university offering a graduate program leading to a Professional Master’s, M.Sc., and/or Ph.D. in economic geology as it relates to the study of mineral and ore deposits, geochemistry, or geophysics with applications tominerals exploration and mine geology.
- Applicants who have completed a first year of graduate school, regardless of degree or field of study, are not eligible.
- Applicants who have been awarded a Graduate Student Fellowship grant from the SEGF are not eligible.
- Must be an SEG Student Member.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please see further instruction at the website and application link below.
1 February 2017.