The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) is currently accepting applications for the Sherry R. Arnstein Minority Student Scholarship Program. The scholarship is open to an underrepresented minority student who demonstrate a good academic performance. No application will be accepted after March 31 every year.
Annually, The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) awards a financial scholarship to at least two osteopathic medical students, one of which is newly accepted and one a continuing student. This award recognizes underrepresented minority students attending one of the member colleges of the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine. This scholarship is named after former AACOM Executive Director Sherry R. Arnstein.
Up to $2500 scholarship award will be given to the winning candidates.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- An applicant must be an underrepresented minority student (African American, Native American, Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian, mainland Puerto Rican or Hispanic American)in good academic standing and currently enrolled in his or her first, second, or third year at an AACOM member college of osteopathic medicine
- An underrepresented minority student who has been accepted and is planning to matriculate at one of the AACOM member colleges.
- Previous Arnstein Scholarship awardees are ineligible.
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
To apply, students are required to submit an essay (max. 750 words) answering the questions as follow:
- How and why were you drawn to osteopathic medicine?
- What could osteopathic medical schools do to recruit and retain more underrepresented minority students?
- What do you personally plan to do as a student and as a future DO to help increase minority student enrollment at osteopathic medical colleges?
March 31 every year.