Applications for the Sidney B. Meadows scholarship is now open. Applications will be accepted through May 27, 2018. Eligible candidates should be currently enrolled at undergraduate or graduate ornamental horticulture program or related discipline in the United States. The winning students will receive $1,500 each.
The Sidney B. Meadows Scholarship Endowment Fund is currently inviting. The Sidney B. Meadows Scholarship Endowment Fund was created in to aid students from sixteen southeastern states seeking a career in horticulture. The Scholarship is dedicated to one of the most honored horticultural leaders, the late Sidney B. Meadows. Scholarships are awarded, through a competitive process, administered by a selection committee based on academics, character, determination, probability of a career in horticulture, and financial need.
Up to twelve winners will be chosen to receive $1,500 scholarship.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate, master and PhD degree in ornamental horticulture program or related discipline.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate ornamental horticulture program or related discipline at a four-year institution, must be currently enrolled in good standing and must carry a full-time compliment of courses at time of application and during the semester the scholarship is granted.
- Also, student must be in a junior or senior standing at time of application in a four-year curriculum (having completed the first two years and at least two horticulture courses) or a graduate student standing in a horticultural masters or doctoral program.
- Student must be a resident of one of the 16 SNA states (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia) although attendance at an institution within these states is not mandatory. The student must be a citizen of the U.S.
- For the most recent two years (four years for graduate students), a minimum grade point average of 2.75, based on a scale of 4.0, is required for undergraduate students or 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 for graduate students.
- Preference will be given to those applicants who plan to work in any aspect of the industry (including owning their own business) following graduation and those in financial need.
- Previous scholarship recipients may reapply; however, each is limited to a maximum of 2 scholarship awards.
Only the U.S citizens may apply this scholarship.
Please click the website and application link below to see further instruction of application procedure.
May 27, 2018.