The University of Waikato is delighted to offer a number of Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship. Both domestic and overseas students are welcome to apply. All applicants will be evaluated based on their academic and leadership quality. Those are selected will receive benefit of costs of domestic tuition fees and associated charges. To apply, the completed application form must be submitted no later than 31 August each year.
The purpose of the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship is to provide support for students to achieve a high academic standard in a programme of study at the University of Waikato, excellence in a sporting code or the creative or performing arts, and to develop leadership qualities through a tailored leadership and personal development programme.
Each of the successful applicants will receive award that covers the costs of domestic tuition fees and associated charges.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate or completely taught postgraduate level studies in all subjects offered by the host institutions.
Place of Study
At the University of Waikato, New Zealand.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates will be selected based on the criteria as follow:
- Students who excel academically, and in sports or creative performing arts
- School leavers who have/or will have achieved an NCEA Level 3 Certificate with Merit or Excellence and University Entrance
- School leavers who have/or will have achieved the equivalent to the above in the Cambridge International examinations or the International Baccalaureate examinations
- Students intending to study at the University of Waikato at either the Hamilton or Tauranga campus
- Students with demonstrated leadership potential
All nationalities are eligible to apply.
Please see the detail instruction at the application link below.
31 August annually.