The Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship is now available for 2018 round. This scholarship is fully funded by National Youth Development Agency. Undergraduate students from South Africa is are the targeted group of the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship. This scholarship is a full scholarship. The deadline is updated every year.
The scholarship fund is designed to create an environment for affording the marginalized youth with excellent academic background, an opportunity to further their studies locally and abroad. Financial support will be provided to youth who pursue full time degrees that fall within the priority growth sectors, critical and scarce skills areas outlined in the labor planning frameworks of the country.
The fund will be accessible to deserving South African youth who meet the minimum entry requirements set by the NYDA – youth who have been admitted for study at credible Universities and Universities of Technology, local and international. International scholarships will be considered if they have been endorsed by a South African government department or a credible public or private agency.
The Scholarship Fund will cover 100% of the cost for the following:
- University Residence Meals
- University accommodation Private accommodation
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in ICT, Law, Tourism, Geology, Logistics, Pharmacy, Journalism, Agriculture, Engineering, Development Studies and Supply Chain Management.
Place of Study: South Africa
Eligibility and Criteria
- Students must be applying for admission to one of the participating universities as a 1st year full time student in the courses listed in the table above
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the participating universities after completing the National Senior Certificate
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams.
- Must be South African citizens between 14 – 35
- Financial neediness – combined household salary of less than R15 000 a month
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas
- Engage in community service
Students from South Africa may apply this scholarship
Applications are to be made directly to the participating University/university of Technology which has full responsibility for receiving, processing applications, selecting and notifying recipients.
Updated every year.