Applications for the SOM Prize and Travel Fellowship Awards in Architecture, Design & Urban Design are now being invited. This call is exclusively intended to those who have or plan to receive degree in Architecture, Design or Urban Design from the U.S. institution.
The SOM Prize and Travel Fellowship are two annual awards that are administered as a single competition. The awards are given to students and recent graduates of Architecture, Design (including interior design, landscape architecture, environmental graphics, or industrial design) and Urban Design.
- The SOM Prize is a $50,000 research and travel fellowship that enables one outstanding applicant the opportunity to travel in connection with carrying out in-depth research on a subject of their choosing; to meet with other professionals in the field; and to pursue study outside the realm of established patterns.
- A second award, the $20,000 SOM Travel Fellowship, offers an applicant the opportunity to expand their professional education beyond the classroom through the observation of buildings, design, culture and history that can only be achieved through travel.
Level and Area of Studies
Research and travel program in Architecture, Design & Urban Design.
Place of Study
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants who have received or plan to receive an undergraduate or graduate degree from a U.S. school with an accredited degree program in either Architecture, Design or Urban Design
- Applicants for the 2017 Awards must receive their degree between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
- U.S. Citizenship is not required.
There is no citizenship requirement.
Please go to the link below to see further instruction.