Each year, the Start Standing Scholarship Program is available for any high school, college or university students in the United States. They must be minimum 16 years of age at the time of application. To apply, they are required to submit a maximum 2000 word essay on the topics listed below. Entries are accepted twice a year; Fall and Winter semester.
At Start Standing, we value education. We also recognize the steep cost of college tuition and the expenses that come along with it like housing, books and supplies. In an effort to make things a little easier, we are proud to offer a biannual scholarship to students who are currently attending or planning on attending college.
Those are selected will receive benefit of $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Enrolled at the undergraduate level or your final year of high school
- Aged sixteen (16) years or older
- Carry a status of “good standing” (i.e. currently enrolled)
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
In order to apply, applicants must submit a typed essay that answers the following questions. The total essay length should be between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
- What are the lifelong health dangers of being sedentary throughout the day?
- How can college students add healthy movement throughout the day?
- What can office workers do to increase their activity levels throughout the day?
Please anticipate the deadline in the following days: March 31 for Fall semester and November 15 for the Winter semester.