Applications for the Tara and Jasubhai Mehta Fellowship Programs. Those awards are exclusivley open to mathematically talented pre-university students in India. They will spend six weeks in the United States participating in PROMYS Program. This program is fully – funded award.
Mehta Fellowships to PROMYS are available for mathematically talented pre-university students in India. Each Mehta Fellowship covers all costs for tuition, housing, and meals for the six weeks of PROMYS. PROMYS is a challenging mathematics “summer program” at Boston University in the U.S. which has been drawing talented pre-university students from across the U.S. and around the world since 1989.
Each Mehta Fellowship covers all costs for tuition, housing, and meals for the six weeks of PROMYS at Boston University, in the U.S. The Fellowships also cover roundtrip travel from India, visa application fees, and the cost of any required books.
Level and Area of Studies
Non – degree program in Mathematics.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Indian citizen between 15 and 19 years of age (inclusive) at the start of PROMYS.
- A pre-university student attending school in India (including secondary school, high school, 6th from college, and homeschooled students).
- Financially unable to take advantage of an opportunity such as PROMYS without a full scholarship and assistance with travel expenses.
- Exceptionally talented in mathematics and interested in working hard to solve challenging mathematical problems.
- Proficient in English: Able to participate fully in mathematical discussions held entirely in English.
- Accepted to PROMYS through the Tara and Jasubhai Mehta Fellowship application process.
Only Indian citizens are invited to apply.
Application should be made online through the link below.
1 March 2020.