Applications for the Terra Foundation Research Travel Grant are now invited. This is open to scholars coming from any country other than United States. The Terra Foundation Grant is aimed to support scholars undertaking research on topics concerning American art and visual culture in the USA. Maximum 13 awards will be granted. The value is ranging from $6,000 to $9,000.
Terra Foundation Research Travel Grants provide support for research on topics concerning American art and visual culture prior to 1980. These grants enable scholars outside the United States to consult resources that are only available within the United States.
Each year, nine to thirteen awards are given. The value of those as follow:
- Up to $6,000 per grant for doctoral students from Europe, North America, Australia, and New Zealand;
- Up to $7,000 per grant for doctoral students from Asia, Africa, and South America; and
- Up to $9,000 per grant for all postdoctoral and senior scholars.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program on topics concerning American art and visual culture.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates must learn the following grant requirements:
- Travel should be undertaken within one calendar year after the announcement of the selection results.
- Final report must be submitted within three months of completion of travel. It should include a description of the travel undertaken as a result of the grant, an assessment of the research accomplished, and a financial report detailing grant expenditures.
- Recipients must acknowledge the support of TFAA in any publication that results from research conducted during the grant.
All nationalities other than U.S are welcome to apply.
The application packet must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Curriculum vitae Curriculum vitae
- Description of the research project that demonstrate Description of the research project is the need for travel to the United States (5 pages maximum)
- Detailed description of the proposed itinerary with Detailed description of the proposed itinerary destinations and travel dates
- Itemized travel budget in U.S. dollars
- Two letters of recommendation (for doctoral student Two letters of recommendation s, one letter should be written by the applicant’s dissertation advisor). Letters must be sent by email directly by their authors to the Terra Foundation for American Art Europe (Letters must be signed and scanned.)