The Imperial College PhD Scholarship Scheme is annually available for highly talented students who strongly motivated to pursue PhD research at a world class research institution. Outstanding international students are eligible to apply this scholarship award. Up to 50 best candidates will be selected to receive full funding plus other benefits.
You may also like this: CADRE Scholarships | Fully Funded PhD Scholarship at Warwick University, UK
The Imperial College PhD Scholarship is targeted to a high performing undergraduate or Master’s student, and have a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at a world class research institution, you could be selected to receive full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London.
The purpose of this PhD scholarship is to provide up to 50 research students with great
potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
The following are the benefits are the benefits that are offered by this scholarship:
- A stipend of £21,400 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral program in any subjects.
Place of Study: UK
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with Master’s qualifications should have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They should also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Please note that supervisors are only permitted to supervise one scholar at any time.
International students may apply this scholarship
You can submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system. When prompted for a personal statement you must ensure that it consists of approx. 1000 words and outlines your academic and research achievements to date, explaining in brief your planned research project. You must attach a completed Self-Nomination Form. Eligible candidates will be advanced to the next review and selection process.