Each year, the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) offers a number of scholarships. Those scholarships are sponsored by local UDC Chapters. Eligible candidates must be attending college or university in the United States with minimum 3.0 of GPA. Deadline of UDC Scholarship is varies
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate, graduate and doctoral program in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- An applicant must be the lineal (direct) descendant of an eligible Confederate (that is, one who served honorably in the Confederate Army, Navy, or Civil Service or who gave Material Aid to the Cause). Only members of UDC/CofC may apply on the record of collateral ancestors.
- Applicants must be endorsed by the Chapter President and the Chapter Second Vice President, Division President and by the Division Second Vice President.
- Applicants must complete and submit the official UDC General Scholarship packet. Final approval of applications shall be made by the Second Vice President General’s Education Committee.
- An applicant must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 out of 4.0 grade point average (GPA) in high school or college. GED and recent SAT/ACT scores will be accepted without GPA if applicant is not a high school graduate.
- Applicant must attend college or university in the United States.
The United States citizens are invited to apply.