Each year, Tianjin Province Government offers a number of Tianjin Government Scholarships. Those scholarships are intended to non-Chinese students who are undertaking undergraduate, master and doctoral degree in Tianjin Province. The award value is ranging from 20,000 RMB/year to 40,000 RMB/year. The application deadline is 15 June each year.
In order to promote the development of higher education of International students in Tianjin, to further improve the talent cultivation, scientific research, social service, and cultural exchange, Tianjin Government has set up the Scholarship (TGS) for International students.
- Doctoral student scholarship: 40,000 RMB/person/year.
- Master student scholarship: 30,000 RMB/person/year.
- Undergraduate student scholarship: 20,000 RMB/person/year.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate, master and doctoral degree in all subjects.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in China.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor degree and be under the age of 35 with two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master degree and be under the age of 40 with two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions and provide relevant proofs, such as HSK certificate, other Chinese learning and examination certificates, etc. The restriction can be relaxed for the foreign students whose majors are taught in English.
- Applicants should not apply for other scholarship in the same time.
Non-Chinese students are invited to apply.
All of the materials below must be submitted completely:
- Application Form for Tianjin Government Scholarship (Applicants shall obtain the form from the Higher Education Institutions or download from the website of the targeted HEIs).
- Notarized highest diploma and transcripts.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Study plan or research plan should be submitted for degree or research students.
- Copy of the passport
- HSK certificate (The restriction can be relaxed for the foreign students whose majors are taught in English.)
15 June each year.