The Turf and Ornamental Communicators Association Scholarship | TOCA Scholarship is now open. The scholarship is exclusively intended to undergraduate students who wish to enter career in green industry communications. One $2,500 awards will be given in the Fall semester.
The Turf and Ornamental Communicators Association (TOCA) is glad to announce scholarship to an undergraduate college student pursuing a career in green industry communications. The determination of TOAC is to increase the professionalism of the industry through quality publications and all aspects of marketing communications.
The TOCA Board of Directors will award one $2,500, fall semester scholarship to the winning candidate.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in in communications or a green industry related field such as horticulture, plant sciences, botany, agronomy, plant pathology, etc.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
The TOCA Board of Directors will award one $2,500, fall semester scholarship to an undergraduate college student pursuing a career in green industry communications. To qualify, students must major or minor in technical communications or a green industry related field such as horticulture, plant sciences, botany, agronomy, plant pathology, etc. The applicant also must demonstrate an interest in using this course of study in the field of communications.
The United States citizens are welcome to apply.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- References: Two academic/professional references. (Include letters of recommendation with this application.)
- Applications should be typed vs. hand-written
- Writing/Editing Sample: One news article published or prepared for publication.
- Essay: 500 words or less describing your career goals and how you intend to use communications in your work life. Also describe: (1) How you became interested in the turf and ornamental industry. (2) Your written and verbal communications experience and what you bring to the field. (3) Your professional goals.
- Transcript: Listing of college classes completed or a listing of horticulture and/or communications classes and grades signed by your instructor.
15 March every year.