Entries for the Tom Howard/John H. Reid Fiction & Essay Contest are now being accepted. This is open to any individual from any country. There is no limitation of the theme of the submitted essay. The winning contestant will receive cash of $3,000. To apply, the essay must be submitted by April 30 every year.
Want to win $5,000 in prizes? Participate in annual Tom Howard/John H. Reid Fiction & Essay Contest that is sponsored by Winning Writers. Submit as many stories and essays as you like. All themes are accepted. Entries may be published or unpublished. The contest is open for international writers.
- STORY: First Prize, $3,000
- ESSAY: First Prize, $3,000
- The top two winners will also receive two-year gift certificates from our co-sponsor, Duotrope (a $100 value)
- 10 Honorable Mentions will receive $200 each (any category)
- Top 12 entries published online
- Enter via Submittable
Level and Area of Studies: Any
Place of Study: Not specified.
Eligibility and Criteria
This contest is open to writers of all ages and nations. They are free to choose the theme of their essay.
There is no nationality restriction.
- Please submit short stories, essays or other works of prose
- There are no restrictions on style or theme
- Each entry should be your own original work
- You may submit the same work simultaneously to this contest and to others, and you may submit works that have been published or won prizes elsewhere
30 April every year.