Tywanza Sanders Legacy Foundation is pleased to invite applications for the Tywanza Sander Legacy Scholarship Program. The scholarship is only available for permanent residents of South Carolina, USA. They must be planning to attend college or university in the the fall 2019. Financial need is also required. No application will accepted after April 15, 2019.
About the Sponsor (s)
The Tywanza Sanders Legacy Foundation was created to honor our fallen brother, Tywanza Sanders, who was one of the victims of the massacre at Emanuel AME Church, Charleston, SC. His life and legacy will live on through the works of this foundation. It’s mission to give our youth opportunities to pursue their education and entrepreneurial dreams. That’s why we offer the Legacy Scholarship.
Two winners of the Legacy Scholarship will be chosen to receive a one-time Legacy Scholarship in the amount of $5,000 and $2,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants must satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Applicants must have permanent residency in South Carolina and must be a United States citizen.
- Applicants must be a graduating high school senior from a South Carolina high school.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be accepted into an accredited 4-year college or university in the fall 2019 academic semester.
- Applicants must demonstrate a financial need.
The United States citizens are invited to apply.
To apply, applicants must complete a 500-800 word written an essay. You will give the answer of the following question: How has Tywanza’s story impacted your outlook on racism? What is your recommendation on improving race relations among your peers? How will you use your education to help dissolve racial barriers?
April 15, 2019.