The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) is delighted to offer a number of master, PhD and non-degree Scholarships for 2019/20 academic session. Students from all nationals are welcome to apply. The winning students may expect to receive the benefit of full or partial scholarship. Expired 21 days ago, try next time!
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to China. UCAS is a higher education institution established with the approval of the Ministry of Education, focusing on graduate education. UCAS has a highly qualified faculty team consisting of teachers and supervisors from UCAS faculties and CAS institutes and a first-class scientific research environment for students to fulfill scientific research.
Full or partial scholarship will be given to the scholarship winners with the details as follow:
- Exempted from tuition fee: Doctoral students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 40,000/year; master’s students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 30,000/year; senior visiting students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 3,000/month; the regular visiting student would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 2,600/month.
- Stipend: UCAS provides monthly stipend of RMB 2,500 for Doctoral students, senior visiting students and Doctoral students on joint programs, and RMB 2,000 for Master’s students and regular visiting students. In addition, host supervisor and CAS institute/UCAS school/college (hereinafter referred to as institute/school) provide research assistantship for awardees considering their academic performances. The total amounts of monthly stipend will be no less than RMB 3500 for Doctoral students, senior visiting students and students on joint programs, and RMB 3000 for Master’s students and regular visiting students.
- Accommodation: UCAS provides basic accommodation to awardees from institutes and schools located in Beijing. As for awardees from CAS institutes located outside Beijing, they would be provided with basic accommodation when attending the concentrated study at UCAS, while their host institutes would help to provide accommodation or solve accommodation-related problems after awardees return upon the completion of their concentrated study, and they shall pay for relevant expenses as requested by the institutes
- Medical Insurance: The insurance premium is RMB 800/year, with RMB 400 for half-year term, and it would be deducted from the first stipend of each academic year.
Level and Area of Studies
Master, PhD and visiting program in any subject.
Place of Study
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), China.
Eligibility and Criteria
All students are required to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Meet the admission criteria for UCAS international students
- Get recommended by a supervisor and the institute/school which the supervisor is affiliated with.
- Have an appropriate attitude toward learning and scientific research and have outstanding academic performance.
- Have not accepted any other sponsorship at the time of application
- Master’s degree candidates should be no more than 30 years old.
- Doctoral degree candidates should be no more than 35 years old.
- Students on joint programs: no age limit
- Regular and senior visiting students should be no more than 40 years old.
- Senior visiting students should be no more than 45 years of age.
- Programs taught in English: Applicants should have adequate good English proficiency.
- Applicants should be currently studying at higher institutions abroad.
- The higher institution abroad the applicant is affiliated with should have signed relevant collaboration and exchange agreement with CAS/UCAS/CAS institute.
- Awarded student should register before the November of 2017.
- The academic visit to or joint culture at CAS should last for no shorter than 3 months.
- Scholars should register before the November of 2019.
- Scholars shall be further educated for no shorter than 6 months.
- Students who are currently studying at higher institutions in China cannot apply (with exception for this year’s graduates).
There is no nationality restriction.
Please go to the website and application link below to see further instruction of the application procedure.
31 March 2019.