The University of Vienna is delighted to invite applications for the Uni Docs Fellowship. Students from all nationals are welcome to apply. He or she must be planning to undertake doctoral degree at the university. The winning fellows will be employed at the university and will be granted funding for three years. No application will be accepted after 11 January 2016.
The Uni Docs Fellowship Programme is an individual scholarship which aims at financing excellent doctoral candidates for a period of three years. The scholarship will provide outstanding early stage researchers with conditions that allow them to focus exclusively on their research and thus make substantial contributions to science. The fellowship programme will be offered once a year. It will be awarded on the basis of a multilevel review process. Currently, three calls for applications are planned.
Successful applicants will be employed at the University of Vienna for 30h/week according to the current collective agreement. Uni:docs fellows are members of the scientific staff who enjoy all rights and duties involved in such a position.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD degree in any field that substantially contribute to science.
Place of Study
At the University of Vienna, Austria.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The Uni Docs Fellowship Programme is open to doctoral candidates of all disciplines.
- Applicants need not necessarily already be enrolled as PhD candidates at the time of application.
- Already enrolled applicants: If the applicant is already enrolled as a PhD candidate at the University of Vienna, the admission has to have occurred no earlier than the summer semester 2015.
- Not yet enrolled applicants: If the applicant is not yet enrolled as a PhD candidate at the University of Vienna, the admission needs to take place before October 2016.
- If funding of a duration of at least 2 years has been granted from elsewhere (e.g. ÖAW-DOC scholarship, or an employment at the university), then it is not possible to apply for the uni:docs scholarship.
- The funding of part-time dissertations is not possible. Additional employment which is not clearly related to research is also not possible.
- Applicants need a supervisor at the University of Vienna who is working in the field of the planned thesis. At the time of their application, applicants already have to be accepted by this supervisor as PhD candidate. The supervisor needs to fill out an online form to complete the application process.
There is no nationality restriction.
The scholarship must be applied online. Please click the website and application link below to apply this Uni Docs Fellowship.
11 January 2016.