Applications for the Union Plus Scholarship are now accepted. Eligible candidates should be current and retired members of unions participating in any Union Plus program. He or she must be a prospective student at an accredited college or university in the U.S.A. The winning candidates will receive award ranging from $500 to $4,000. Expired 20 days ago, try next time!
The Union Plus Education Foundation is offering Union Plus Scholarship Program. The Union Plus Scholarship Program is an example of the U.S. labor movement’s commitment to higher education. The program is open to union members, their spouses and dependent children of unions that are participating in any Union Plus program.
Each of the scholarship winners may expect to receive $500 to $4,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate and undergraduate level in any subject.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Current and retired members of unions participating in any Union Plus program, their spouses and their dependent children (as defined by IRS regulations) are eligible.
- Grandchildren are not eligible unless a legal dependent (as defined by IRS regulations). At least one year of continuous union membership by the applicant, applicant’s spouse or parent (if applicant is a dependent).
- Members of participating unions from the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada.
- The applicant must be accepted into a U.S. accredited college, university, community college, technical or trade school at the time the award is issued. Awards must be used for the 2018 – 2019 school year.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply.
U.S and Canadian students are welcome to apply.
Please find further instruction at the website and application link below.
31 January 2019.