The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan is glad to announce the US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor PhD Scholarship Program. The scholarship is only open to Pakistani students pursuing PhD degree in the United States. Up to 1500 awards will be given away. The closing date of application is January 31, 2018.
These scholarships will be offered for a maximum period of 5 years on the basis of academic merit, & US university acceptance letter. The grant will not cover the tuition fee.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD program in the subjects of Arts & Humanities; Design & Media; Water Resources & Energy, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, Business Sciences, Agriculture & Food security, Veterinary Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Emerging Technology, Nano-Technology, Computers, Medical & Allied Health Sciences, Bio-Technology, Telecommunications, Human-made Materials, Robotics, Microelectronics.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be Pakistani citizen/national/AJK nationals who meet other criteria.
- Have MS, M Phil or equivalent degree (18 years of formal education) from an accredited university/institution approved by Higher Education Commission, prior to this program, relating to selected fields for the PhD Degree Program.
- Have a maximum age of 40 for regular faculty members and researchers of public sector universities/R&D organizations, subject to NOC issuance and for all others maximum age of 35 at the time of the closing date of application submission.
- Have an active commitment to serve the universities/R&D organisations in Pakistan after the completion of studies under the scheme. All selected applicants are required to sign a bond to return back and work in Pakistan for a minimum of five years upon completion of degree program.
- Individuals who have availed/availing any other HEC scholarship are eligible for this scholarship program subject to approval by Steering Committee, US-Pak Knowledge Corridor, HEC.
Only Pakistani citizens are welcome to apply.
Application should be made online through the link below.
January 31, 2018.