The Donald M. Payne International Development Fellowship is now open. Fellows should be prospective students of two-year master degree majoring in international studies or a related field. The winning applicant will receive up to $96,000.
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) is glad to offer Donald M. Payne International Development Graduate Fellowship Program. The fellowship provides opportunity for U.S. students who want to enter graduate school.
About the Sponsor(s)
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is officially an independent federal agency. The agency provides assistance throughout the world to help developing countries improve their economic and social conditions.
The successful applicants will receive up to $96,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in international studies or a related subject.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all candidates must meet the eligibility requirements as follow:
- Applicants must be seeking admission to enter graduate school ; for a two-year program at a U.S. university. They can be in the senior year of their undergraduate studies or they can be college graduates.
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the time of application.
Only the U.S citizens are invited to apply.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- A completed online application includes the following: Background Information (e.g., name, contact information, international travel).
- A personal statement (in 600 words or less) that discusses the applicant’s reasons for applying, interest in foreign affairs, commitment to pursue a USAID Foreign Service career and any relevant experience or information.
- A statement (in 400 words or less) from the applicant that discusses his/her need for financial assistance to attend graduate school
- Two letters of recommendation
- Sample recommendation form(PDF format)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship