In collaboration with the Australian Technology Network (ATN), UTS will provide 2 PhD scholarships at University of Technology Sydney (UTS) under the ATN — LATAM Research Scholarship Scheme. This program is only open to one of the selected Latin countries. Expired 291 days ago, try next time!
The scholarship will cover Tuition fees Plus $30,000 per annum, Single Overseas Health Insurance Cover (OSHC), Relocation allowance.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD degree in any available field at the university.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003.
- Be a holder of an international student visa, meeting requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (DIMA), including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and Ageing.
- Have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with clause.
- Where applicants do not hold a Bachelor degree with First Class Honours in clause above, the University may determine that the applicant has demonstrated an equivalent level of academic attainment. In determining an equivalent level of academic attainment, the University may consider the previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, referees’ reports and other research experience.
- Be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) at the University in the year of the award (awards are not available to applicants whose enrolment into a postgraduate research program has not been accepted by the University.
- Be commencing full-time enrolment for the first time in a higher degree by research (HDR) at the University.
- Not have completed a degree at the same or higher level as the proposed candidature.
- Must not previously have held an Australian Government?funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the scholarship’s payments commencing.
- Must not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
The citizen of theses countries; Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay or Uruguay.