Applications for the Vera R. Campbell Foundation Leadership Scholarship is currently being accepted. Students from any country are welcome to apply. They must be applying one of the field schools mentioned below. Four winners will be selected to receive the award. The closing date of application is 31 March 2016.
The Vera R Campbell foundation strongly believes in women scholars as transformative role-models for young people. The foundation provided generous support to fund four $2,500 scholarships to support promising young students that may be positively influenced by a female leader. Any student – regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, nationality or sexual orientation – who plans to attend an IFR field school directed by a female scholar may apply.
Those are selected will receive $2,500.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
The study must be taken at one of the following field schools are eligible for this scholarship: Peru-Sondor, South Africa-Spitzkloof, Lesotho-Sehonghong, US (IL)-Cahokia, Canada-Fort Vermilion, Israel-Beth Shemesh, Brazil-Claudio Cutiao, Denmark-Hågerup, UK-Penycloddiau and Ethiopia-Shire.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Must apply to one of the IFR field school directed by a female scholar.
- Must be at least 18 years old at the day the field school begins.
- Must have a minimum GPA 3.0 (equivalent to 80% grade average).
- Current student or graduated in the past three years for any institution of higher education (community college, university, etc.) anywhere in the world. First year graduate students are eligible to apply as well.
- Your major does not need to be in archaeology or related discipline. Any student is welcome to apply.
There is no nationality restriction. Any student may apply.
Application should be made online through the link below.
31 March 2017.